Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Final Stretch

On Tuesday I finished my 8th chemo, which leaves on 4 more to go.  I can see the end, for which I am grateful.  It will be nice to be able to get in my car and drive myself to the grocery store (something  I never thought I'd say) and buy groceries.  During chemo, my red and white blood cells count has been so low that I can't go out and be in public.  The last time I went out in public was May 18th.

Of course, all sorts of things come with the chemo as you go on.   Mouth sores, things that taste strange or can't have at all--pizza (tomato sauce), and swollen feet,.  My feet haven't been that puffy since I was pregnant with my oldest, which was a few years ago.  And losing eye lashes and eye brows.  I was okay with the hair on the head, but--

While I am on this journey, I am reading the book Praying the Names of God by Ann Spangler.  It is a devotional and letting me explore the different aspects of His character.  Elohim-Creator, El Roi - the God who sees me, El Shadday- God Almighty. I am only a third of the way through the book but look forward to learning more about Him, for He has been El Roi- the God who sees me.

4 comments:

  1. I've always found that I learn more about the various aspects of God in the darkest walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our group prays for you every Monday night! I pray for you whenever I think of you. I'm so glad you see the end of chemo coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your prayers. I feel them.

    ReplyDelete