Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Beginnings

We're 3 weeks into the new year, and I've not been good about blogging, but I have been good about writing.  I finished Captain Brenda's book and turned it in to my editor at Steeple Hill.  Now, I'm writing my WWII book and learning all sorts of things. 

Did you know that the Australians had their own Pearl Harbor when the Japanese bombed  Darwin?  It came Feb.19, 1942-- 10 weeks after Pearl Harbor and the air attack was in the morning like Pearl Harbor.  By the time the attack was over 8 ships (including an American destroyer), 22 aircraft, dozens of buildings leveled and more than 240 people died.

I've also run into little questions.  Where did you apply for a ration card?  Where was the UPI office in London?  Where was the Dutch embassy?

I'll find the answers.  I'm making my list and will be checking it twice.  If any of you knows, please comment.  


(Churchill and PM John Curtin)

No comments:

Post a Comment