Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day

Mom in her uniform
 Church was opened with a selection of all the military theme songs.  There is nothing more soul stirring than to hear those songs.It calls to the deepest part of our souls.  This country owes a debt of gratitude to those brave men and women who fought.  They gave of themselves and in doing so, were tested in fire.
I find myself in awe.  Both my parents and husband were Army and I'm proud of them.  If you go to your local cemetery and walk through, you'll see head markers of young men who never made it to the age to 20.  The cemetery where my husband's family is buried, there are several grave stones not far from where our family is and they all read the same date in 1941. 
Please take a moment and give thanks to those brave solider/sailors/marines/coast guard that paid the price of freedom.
Dad setting in front of his barracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment