Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dr. Vince Adams, The Vet

This is my first time to blog, but I guess you could say I got the ball rolling in Fresh-Start Ranch.  I'll back up a bit.  The last time I was kicked by one of the cows at McClure ranch, I wasn't fast enough to avoid the hoof and ended up with a big bruise.  Well, at my age, you move a littler slower and it took close to an hour with an ice pack on my leg to satisfy Lynda and Ken McClure at I was okay. (I think they were right.)

Well, I had to admit, I needed another partner.  A younger vet.  I tried hiring a few, but they didn't want to do big animal practice outside of Albuquerque.  I had a couple of vets substitute for me while I went back home to Kentucky to see my family, but those vets didn't stay.  The second guy had his car packed and notes on the table and when I showed up, he said goodbye and drove away.

 I got desperate and went to my old school, Purdue Veterinary School.  That's were I found Dr. Tessa Grant.  I knew she was a woman and she was only five feet tall, but I needed help and was will to give her a try.


She didn't disappoint.  The lady has a way with horses that can't be taught. And I not only got a partner, but I found my daughter and found a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment